Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Happy Thoughts" Card Album


My best friend Victoria and I like to receive mail.
We are funny like that, maybe because we live so far apart but it is exciting to walk to the mailbox to see if there is a long distant hug from her in the form of an envelope. 


So I keep a lot of cards from Victoria and other dear friends on my inspiration board because they are "happy thoughts" for me when I need a pick me up, a laugh or a smile. Running out of room, I came up with this little album to hold all of these mementos together. 

Supplies: 
  • I made two albums with one package of those chipboard books you find in the dollar bins at Michael's.
  • Scrapbook paper & Embellishments
  • Scissors & Glue
  • Two books rings for each album
  • Round Paper Punch


This is where I got really sick and left the project entirely on the table. I would do a little here and there when I felt up to it. But my sincere apologies for not having more photos. 
But I covered both of the chipboard pieces with paper and then used tissue tape to wrap around the edges.  Reinforcing the holes for the book rings with metal brads. Also purchased some embellishments to glue to the outside of the book. 


In the photos on the left, I found this great little envelope that words as my guide to paper punch my cards.   
    "Letters are among the most significant memorial a person can leave behind them."
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Then I used the envelope to hold these small cards I had been holding on to for a long time. Including Saint cards from my communion and angel cards from my mom when I was little. 

 I added some of the decorative envelopes. It was a great way to stay organized but keep a hold of the nice things people told me or shared with me. It is a great source of inspiration and smiles. 


"The odd thing about this form of communication is that you're more likely to talk about nothing than something. But I want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings."
-Kathleen Kelly, You've Got Mail



Okay, I know you are smiling just looking at this one. 
My brother sent my husband this "check" for his birthday one year, always makes me laugh. Notice my brother failed to sign it.
After making mine, I had to make one for my friend Victoria. Below you can see the second album that was made for her to put in her own cards. 
Front cover. 
Inside, I added a vintage postcard and wrote a note for her. 
I love this Best Friend= kitchen aid mixer, diamonds & dogs. 
I added an envelope too. 
Embellishments from Michael's. Oh so pretty. 
Another photo that she can change out if she wants to update the photo. 
This quote was a good one, kinda wish I would have typed it rather than hand written. 
Back of the album. 
 I hope that Victoria enjoys her album. It was a lot of fun to create and even more fun to go through and read all the cards. I would love to hear from you if you create your own. 
~Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Those are great ways to hold your memories....they make me smile because I watched you grow through all of them.
    Love you forever!
    mom

    ReplyDelete