Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Harvest Burlap Chair


Day three of my Fall Series DIY tutorials.

If you missed it-


It would seem like everything that was purchased to create these fall DIY tutorials was from local thrift stores. But that is what makes them so affordable and awesome!!


The chair was purchased and stripped of original paint. I first tried the same Fire Orange that I used on my distressed sign. But HATED it on the chair (*so did my best friend Amy, she is my go-to-girl on color options). 

Fell in love with the Satin Espresso. 


The original seat of the chair was this awful gold color in outdoor vinyl. Keeping that intact I just added burlap to give it a "Fall Farm" feeling. 

*Did I mention I am allergic to burlap? HA!! I have to wear gloves when handling it. 

Using 1"inch painter's tape to create a plaid effect, I sprayed Satin Nutmeg over the tape, peeling off after the paint had dried. 

The end result was this deliciously rich chair. Perfect for my outdoor Fall decor.  

Loving the sign, table and chair?
Then you will really enjoy the accessory that was created to pull everything together. 

~Amanda

This will be entered in this week's CSI Challenge for Burlap. 

Visit thecsiproject.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment