Friday, February 3, 2012

Pinned #4: Anthro Knock Off Grass Court Dress

My Grass Cour Dress
Antropologie's Grass Court Dress
My Pinterest Stats for Week 4: 
24 boards
993 pins
85 likes
This weeks pin is actually from my "Spring has Sprung" board, a dress from my favorite shop, Antropologie.
"Tink" inspiration.



Last weeks "Pin" was my Tinkerbell Sweatband for my Tinkerbell Half Marathon. So I planned on going to Disneyland after the race and wanted to dress "Tink" inspired and this dress was a great way to do that. With the help of this pin from my "All Things Amanda" board. 


Okay, so I know this was going a little "Cinderella" by making my own dress. 
Source: Disney







No mice to help me, but I must have had some good "Cinderella" vibes because the zipper went in like a dream. I hate zippers.

*Insert: A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes 

Anyways, the fabric is green linen with embroidered flowers. It was difficult to find a really good green material that I liked. 
My photo that I told you about from the Race.
So after the race, even though I had a hard time moving around. Lance and I went to Disneyland. *Note: I wanted to take photos of my dress near the castle. 

He hadn't been to the park in years, he only remembers riding It's A Small World, Splash Mountain and a submarine ride which I assume is now the Finding Nemo ride. 

So I had to take him on my favorites which were Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain

So we go to ride Splash Mountain. This isn't a ride that I would normally go on...but he wants to go. I was lucky to be seated at the very front with four adults behind me...

This is evidence that I love him, right?


So much for getting some photos of my dress in front of the castle when I am dripping wet!
Let's just say this is why I don't ride Splash Mountain.


Afterwards, it took some time to dry out. However it left my dress in a wrinkled mess. Ah HELL!

But I can't complain because my dear husband took some great photos for me in front of the castle. He is so much better than *Ryan Gosling. 
source: Hand Made Ryan Gosling
Hope you enjoyed my dress. If you have any questions please let me know. 
~Amanda

11 comments:

  1. Cute...cute...I'd love for you to share this @CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet party going on now-Sunday midnight…have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deana, I linked up and started following. It would be fantastic if you would follow me back!! Thanks for inviting me.

      Delete
  2. Your dress looks fabulous... when its dry, that is!!! The little pleats at the waist give it just the right amount of fullness...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dry, it looks great. What was I thinking going on that ride. :-) Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up to CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet Party!
    Hope to see you next Saturday……Have a blessed week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never laughed so much! Never sit in the front......why do you think we always had Dan or Dad sit up front? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! It dried out beautifully...glad you got your pics in front of the castle! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what next week's party is going to be. Thank you so much for commenting.

      Delete
  6. This is THE cutest post ever. I'm so jealous- i want to run a race at disney! Anyway, thanks for linking at Once Upon a Weekend, you were the top view and are the Blog of the Week! You'll be featured tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rach- Thank you so much for your kind words. To be honest, your sewing competition has gotten me back into sewing clothing again and I am really enjoying it. It is such an honor to be featured on your blog. If you do get a chance to run a Disney race, I highly recommend it. It goes by so quickly and there is so many thinks to see. Again, thank you so much for commenting. :-)

      Delete